Thursday, April 7, 2011

How Social Media can help you anytime

My professional wish is to work in an advertising agency. I used to want to work as an account manager and now, my studies at NYIT, my lectures and my researches make me want to become a TV producer in an advertising agency. In boss cases, social medias have help me and can still help me. When I was looking for an internship last year back in france, i looked up on the internet what agencies could be interesting to get in. I found DDB worldwide. I explored their website, what medias say about the agency, its work etc. Then i found their page on Facebook and as soon as i sent them my resume to apply for an internship, i ask them as a friend on Facebook. I started to talk with a lot of students who were already doing an internship there or used to intern there and this contorted me in my decision to apply for an internship in this agency. 
It was very interesting for me not to read only magazines and articles on the web to judge on the agency but also to be able to get in touch with people who work there and who are able to talk about the agency organization from the inside. 
My studies are almost finished and in a few months i'll go back to France and look for a job. I am currently registering on professional social media networks to post my resume on line and get a chance to make professional connections that could be interesting for my future job. 
So, all along my professional project, social media represent a good help, in order to research information or who knows, in order to get a job ! 

Sarah Bensoussan. 

No comments:

Post a Comment